Fraternity Records, out of Cincinnati, was started in the early 50s by Harry Carlson, the director of a photographic studio. The first forty releases through the new imprint were mainly MOR titles, reflecting Carlson's late introduction to the music business. However by 1957 the joint had started to jump, and the wild, wild sounds of that rock'n'roll music were pounding out of the Fraternity office. A whole collection of cool cool cats cut sides for Fraternity-.-Dale Wright went top 40 in 1958 with the neat "She's Neat", Carl Dobkins Jr. rattled off two sides in Nashville with the Jordanaires, in between Decca singles, and of course Bobby Bare became Bill Parsons for the No. 2 sound of "All American Boy", featured here in an alternate take, as by the actual singer, Bobby Bare - confusing isn't it! Then again there was Sparkle Moore, representing that rarely heard breed, the wild wild woman of rock'n'roll. Two of her singles, "Rock-A-Bop" and "Killer" feature here alongside the unissued and decidedly weird "Flower Of My Heart." 20 tracks-7 previously unissued - in this good rockin' package of all American Midwest rock'n'roll.
This product is also available in these versions:
All American Rock 'n' Roll From Fraternity Records (MP3), MP3 (£7.99)
Fraternity Records T Shirt, TS (£16.00)
- 01 Preview Rock-A-Bop - Sparkle Moore With Dan Belloc And His Orchestra
- 02 Preview Flower Of My Heart - Sparkle Moore With Dan Belloc And His Orchestra
- 03 Preview Killer - Sparkle Moore With Dan Belloc And His Orchestra
- 04 Preview She's Neat - Dale Wright with the Rock-Its
- 05 Preview Take Hold Of My Hand - Carl Dobkins Jr With Lew Douglas & His Orchestra And Chorus
- 06 Preview Makin' Love With My Baby - Richard Turley With The All American Boys
- 07 Preview My Girl - Jesse Lee Turner With Luther Brandon & His All American Boys
- 08 Preview Absolutely Nothin' - Bill Parsons
- 09 Preview Try It No More - Gene Marcum
- 10 Preview That's Show Biz - Dale Wright
- 11 Preview That's Why I'm Asking - Carl Dobkins Jr With Lew Douglas & His Orchestra And Chorus
- 12 Preview Dance, Dance, Dance - Bill Parsons
- 13 Preview You're The Answer - Dale Wright
- 14 Preview Dis A Itty Bit! - Robin Hood Brians With Lew Douglas His Orchestra & Chorus
- 15 Preview Buddies With The Blues - Bobby Bare With The All American Boys' Orchestra
- 16 Preview Hand Me Down My Rockin' Shoes - Bill Parsons
- 17 Preview Teardrops From My Eyes - Jimmy Jeffers And The Jokers
- 18 Preview Jungle Bandstand - Bill Parsons
- 19 Preview Rubber Dolly - Bill Parsons & Orville Lunsford
- 20 Preview The All American Boy - Bobby Bare
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.