It's Soul / Funk time as Ace DJs and compilers Ady Croasdell and Dean Rudland force you to put on your dancing shoes and shake out some talc on the floor for a smooth ride into the heart of soul. It opens with the 'freshly minted to record for the first time' Dave Hamilton instrumental Brother Ratt vibes, guitar and a funky drummer; what more could you ask for. Well you could ask for another 19 cuts as good as this and that's what you get. Kicking into the sublime Make Me Yours from Money Records' Bettye Swann and following with the cool cool sound of Mary Love's Tam-la-like Stoney Face. Some Northern, courtesy Bobby Angello and Toby Lark, some Psychedelic soul by Phillip Mitchell, and back to basics with the Johnny King and Fatback's Peace, Love Not War and really, you cannot argue with facts like that. Oh and it doesn't get any worse the Diplomats Here's A Heart is guaranteed to tug those strings like few other records. The luscious sounds of Millie Jackson drop effortlessly into the street-wise reality of Anne Alford's search for employment. Oh and there is one of the finest from Memphis finest the late and indubitably great Mr James Carr. Have mercy and as the Ikettes suggest be thankful.
This product is also available in these versions:
Ace Records Sampler Volume 4: Soul & Funk (MP3), MP3 (£7.99)
- 01 Preview Brother Ratt - Dave Hamilton
- 02 Preview Make Me Yours - Bettye Swann
- 03 Preview Hey Stoney Face - Mary Love
- 04 Preview Too Much For You - Bobby Angelle
- 05 Preview Happiness Is Here - Tobi Lark
- 06 Preview I Can't Take It Any More - The Persians
- 07 Preview I'll See You In Hell First - Phillip Mitchell
- 08 Preview Peace, Love Not War - Johnny King and the Fatback Band
- 09 Preview What You See Is What You're Gonna Get - Brenda George
- 10 Preview Momma Momma - Betty Barney
- 11 Preview Here's A Heart - The Diplomats
- 12 Preview It's Not That Easy - Reuben Bell with The Casanovas
- 13 Preview Angel In Your Arms - Millie Jackson
- 14 Preview Got To Get Me A Job - Ann Alford
- 15 Preview My Jealous Girl - Clay Hammond
- 16 Preview Pouring Water On A Drowning Man - James Carr
- 17 Preview Have Mercy Someone - Z.Z. Hill
- 18 Preview Soul Feeling Part 1 - Eddy "G" Giles
- 19 Preview I'm So Thankful - The Ikettes
- 20 Preview Careful Man - John Edwards
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.