For many people Peruvian music is all about a bunch of guys in colourful jackets and hats playing sweet music on panpipes, who play the Albert Hall every couple of years. Not that we have anything against their endeavours, but there is more to the music of Peru than that. The music on this CD came out between the mid 60s and mid 80s, but goes back to a much earlier tradition of Andean music, played on flute, mandolin, violin and drum.In the '30s saxophones and clarinets superceded the earlier instruments and the music that you hear on this CD was essentially created. The hybrid of Quechua Indian and later Spanish cultural influences make up the sound and both languages are used in the vividly romantic lyrics. So hopefully this issue will help redress the balance and open the doors for further exploration into the real Peruvian music. Guaranteed a panpipe-free zone.
- 01 Preview Maria Alejandrina - Picaflor De Los Andes
- 02 Preview Verbenita, Verbenita - La Pallasquinita
- 03 Preview El Guapachoso - Orqestra Sensacion Del Mantaro
- 04 Preview Llorando A Mares - Flor Pucarina
- 05 Preview Un Pasajero En El Camino - Picaflor De Los Andes
- 06 Preview Airampito - Flor Pucarina
- 07 Preview Rompe Macarios - Orqestra Los Tarumas De Tarma
- 08 Preview Fiesta De Mayo - Picaflor De Los Andes
- 09 Preview Dos Claveles - La Princesita De Yungay
- 10 Preview Alianza Corazon - Orqestra Los Tarumas De Tarma
- 11 Preview Tus Ojos - Los Bordones Del Peru
- 12 Preview Oreganito - La Pallasquinita
- 13 Preview Aguas Del Rio Rimac - Picaflor De Los Andes
- 14 Preview Noche De Luna - Flor Pucarina
- 15 Preview Para Que Quiero La Vida - Flor Pucarina
- 16 Preview Carrito De Pasajos - Picaflor De Los Andes
- 17 Preview Pichiusita - Flor Pucarina
- 18 Preview Ya Te Gane - Orqestra Los Rebeldes De Huancayo
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.