Ace Records is proud to announce the addition of the legendary Goldband label to its catalogue and launches the relationship with this CD subtitled Eddie's House Of Hits, a retrospective album covering the immensely varied output of Eddie Shuler's Louisiana company. Operating out of Lake Charles, Shuler has been involved with the music business since 1940, initially running Eddie's Music House Store and playing in the hillbilly band The Reveliers. In 1949 he formed Folk Star Records and put out recording by the great cajun artist lry LeJune. In 1952 he set up Goldband Records which, to this day, continues to be a bastion for the musics of downhome Louisiana His biggest hits for Goldband are here - Cleveland Crochet's cajun-rocker Sugar Bee (it charted a No 80 on Billboard's Hot 100 in 1961) and Elton Andersen's swamp-pop ballad Secret of Love (No 88 in 1960) - but, musically, of as much interest are the regional hits and near misses. Guitar Jnr's The Crawl (later remade by The Fabulous Thunderbirds), Paper In My Shoe by Boozoo Chavis and Boogie In The Mud by Danny James (who, elsewhere on the set, boldly tackles Albert Collins' Frosty). Jimmy Wilson's Please Accept My Love (later recorded by B B King) is also here, as is the 1959 outing Puppy Love by the very young Dolly Parton. Gene Terry tears it up on the wild rocker Cindy Lou and Rockin Sidney (of My Toot Toot fame) wails the blues on No Future. Cookie & The Cupcakes play swamp pop on the Blue Bayou Shuffle, Ashton Savoy do the Rooster Strut and Pee Wee Kershaw (sounds like Lancashire's answer to the blues but it is actually Doug Kershaw's brother) delivers You're So Fine in his own inimitable cajun-rock style. Cult blues names like Hop Wilson and Juke Boy Bonner belt out Chicken Stuff and Let's Boogie but special mention is reserved for Al Ferrier's rockabilly classic Lets Go Boppin' Tonight which was rescued from the original tape almost on the point of disintegration during the copying stage. The album closes with Phil Phillips' Don't Leave Me and that's just what you won't want to do with this excellent introductory "Story of Goldband Records".
- 01 Preview Stormy Weather - Phil Phillips
- 02 Preview Let's Boogie - Juke Boy Bonner
- 03 Preview Sugar Bee - Cleveland Crochet and Band
- 04 Preview Let's Go Bopping Tonight - Al Ferrier
- 05 Preview The Crawl - Guitar Junior
- 06 Preview So What - Johnny Duhon And The Yellow Jackets
- 07 Preview Cindy Lou - Gene Terry And The Down Beats
- 08 Preview You're Lonesome Now - Charles Perrywell
- 09 Preview Boogie In The Mud - Danny James
- 10 Preview Goin' Crazy Baby - Guitar Junior
- 11 Preview Rooster Strut - Ashton Savoy
- 12 Preview No Future - Rockin' Sidney
- 13 Preview You're So Fine - Pee Wee Kershaw
- 14 Preview Frosty - Danny James
- 15 Preview San Antonio - Big Walter Price
- 16 Preview Please Accept My Love - Jimmy Wilson
- 17 Preview Blue Bayou Shuffle - Cookie & The Cupcakes
- 18 Preview Teenage Baby - Sticks Herman
- 19 Preview Secret Of Love - Elton Anderson
- 20 Preview Chicken Stuff - Hop Wilson & His Buddies
- 21 Preview Teardrops In My Eyes - Gene Terry
- 22 Preview Puppy Love - Dolly Parton
- 23 Preview Don't Leave Me - Phil Phillips
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.