As the good doctor - Dr John - says in his autobiography: "I feel real blessed to have been around AFO, because they were putting down so much of the new and fascinating music that was coming out of New Orleans at the time. I was on the inside with this new funk style from the beginning. "'Still Spicy Gumbo Stew' is Volume 3 in the Ace story of AFO Records, the crucial New Orleans' record label. As the titles have it, the first course was 'Gumbo Stew' (CDCHD 450), the second 'More Gumbo Stew' (CDCHD 462) and this time around the dish is Still Spicy! There's Dr John with The Point, Eddie Bo with his Check Mr Popeye, the mighty fine Alvin Robinson (he of Down Home Girl - covered by The Rolling Stones), Willie Tee, Tami Lynn and the late piano great James Booker with his ballad End Of A Dream. The stew this time is a littler jazzier but from the same great pot that was AFO - one of the finest of the early '60s New Orleans' R&B organisations.
- 01 Preview I Don't Want To Be Hurted - Barbara George
- 02 Preview A Losing Battle - Johnny Adams
- 03 Preview Check Mr Popeye - Eddie Bo
- 04 Preview Now Let's Popeye - Eddie Bo
- 05 Preview Shrimp Boat - Dr John
- 06 Preview Somebody's Got To Go - Tick Tocks
- 07 Preview Why Lie - Willie Tee
- 08 Preview I Found A Little Girl - Eddie Bo
- 09 Preview A Love As True As Mine - Wallace Johnson
- 10 Preview I Got A Feelin' - Nookie Boy
- 11 Preview Money (That's What I Want) - AFO Executives
- 12 Preview Who Knows - Willie Tee
- 13 Preview Heart For Sale - Robbie Lee
- 14 Preview The Point - Mac Rebennack & the Soul Orchestra
- 15 Preview Roamin-Titis - Eddie Bo
- 16 Preview Baby - Tami Lynn
- 17 Preview Love, Love, Love - Wood Brothers
- 18 Preview Why Couldn't It Be Me - Turquinettes
- 19 Preview Nancy - AFO Executives
- 20 Preview Serpent Woman - Alvin Robinson
- 21 Preview Cry, Cry, Cry - Alvin Robinson
- 22 Preview Soulful Woman - Alvin Robinson
- 23 Preview Sho' 'Bout To Drive Me Wild - Alvin Robinson
- 24 Preview End Of A Dream - James Booker
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.