One of the rarest and most obscure of the soundtracks for black movies from the 70s, “Black Girl” is also a very interesting proposition musically, with its producers Ed Bogas and Ray Shanklin writing the music and then drafting-in various artists who were signed to Fantasy. The main theme has the brilliant Betty Everett singing her heart out, there are rare contributions from Rodger Collins and Walter Hawkins, while J.J. Malone’s ‘No World For Dreamers’ is a great two step soul number. The remainder of the album is made up of instrumentals including ‘Chock-Lite Puddin’’ with some great Merl Saunders organ playing and the funky ‘B.J.’s Step’.
- 01 Preview Black Girl - Black Girl OST feat vocal Betty Everett
- 02 Preview B.J.'s Step - Black Girl OST
- 03 Preview Get Me To The Bridge - Black Girl OST feat vocal Rodger Collins
- 04 Preview Mother's Day Song I - Black Girl OST
- 05 Preview Power - Black Girl OST feat trumpet solo John Hunt
- 06 Preview Mother's Day Song II - Black Girl OST
- 07 Preview Black Girl Cue I - Black Girl OST, sax solo Sonny Stitt
- 08 Preview No World For Dreamers - Black Girl OST feat vocal J. J. Malone
- 09 Preview I Am Your Mailman - Black Girl OST feat vocal Rodger Collins
- 10 Preview What It Is - Black Girl OST
- 11 Preview Earl (Still A Pearl) - Black Girl OST trumpet solo John Hunt
- 12 Preview Chock-Lite Puddin' - Black Girl OST feat organ solo Merl Saunders
- 13 Preview Black Girl Cue II - Black Girl OST, sax solo Sonny Stitt
- 14 Preview Chock-Lite Puddin' Cue - Black Girl OST
- 15 Preview Sister - Black Girl OST feat vocal Walter Hawkins
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.