Legends Of Jump Blues Volume 1 is a killer introduction to the sound that grew out of the jumpin' jive of the late 30s and early 40s. Noted for its emphasis on a heavy front line of horns, squealing and honking saxphones and a powerful rhythm section with a strong back beat, jump blues were long on danceability and short on subtletly. The riffs that Count Basie and the Kansas City and Territory bands developed in an earlier era were married to a strong dose of the blues and a penchant for the new "I Got Rhythm" chord changes favoured by the (then new) bop movement. Blues excitement was the name of the game and Legends of Jump Blues Vol 1 features plenty of it with Joe Liggins "The Honeydripper", Percy Mayfield in an upbeat mood with The Hunt Is On, Big Jim Wynn with the previously unissued Muffle Joe Shuffle and Lester Williams with the 1952 R&B ground-breaker I Can't Lose With The Stuff I Use (extensively covered by other artists, mostly notably BB King).
- 01 Preview The Honeydripper - Joe Liggins & his Honeydrippers
- 02 Preview Oh Babe - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders
- 03 Preview Blues For Sale - Joe Lutcher
- 04 Preview The Duck Yas Yas - King Perry & His Pied Pipers
- 05 Preview I Can't Stop It - Jimmy Liggins & His Drops Of Joy
- 06 Preview Rainy Day Confession Blues - Roy Milton
- 07 Preview Well, Well Baby - Nelson Alexander Trio
- 08 Preview Rag Mop - Joe Liggins And His Honeydrippers
- 09 Preview Happy Home Blues - Buddy Banks
- 10 Preview Muffle Joe Shuffle - Big Jim Wynn
- 11 Preview I Ain't Got A Dime To My Name - King Perry & His Pied Pipers
- 12 Preview Saturday Night Boogie Woogie Man - Jimmy Liggins & His Drops Of Joy
- 13 Preview Jack Of Diamonds - Jesse Thomas
- 14 Preview I Dare You Baby - Percy Mayfield
- 15 Preview I'm Your Rockin' Man - Herman Manzy
- 16 Preview One Sweet Letter - Joe Liggins And His Honeydrippers
- 17 Preview Natural Born Lover - King Perry & His Pied Pipers
- 18 Preview I Can't Lose With The Stuff I Use - Lester Williams
- 19 Preview Country Girl - Duke Henderson
- 20 Preview The Hucklebuck - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders
- 21 Preview Heavy Weight Baby - Frank Motley And Jimmy Crawford
- 22 Preview Traffic Song - Joe Lutcher
- 23 Preview I Wonder Who's Boogin' My Woogie - King Perry & His Pied Pipers
- 24 Preview The Hunt Is On - Percy Mayfield
- 25 Preview Pink Champagne - Joe Liggins And His Honeydrippers
- 26 Preview That Song Is Gone - Jimmy Liggins & His Drops Of Joy
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.