Our third dip into the vaults of Johnny Otis' Dig label, this time showcasing the fine R & B talent that recorded at his studio during the mid-50s. Blues guitar greats like Johnny Guitar Watson, Jimmy Nolen and Pete Lewis rub shoulders with R&B duos like Tony Allen & Barbara, Jessie & Joyce and singing pianists such as Ray Johnson, Devonia Williams and Richard Lewis. Of note, here, are Jimmy Nolen's Jimmy's Jive, which Ray Topping identifies as a formative influence on the young Otis Rush and unreleased Henry Strogin material. Otis was a barometer for the whole Los Angeles music scene and these sides by dapper cats, groovy tune-smiths and hot guitarists capture the Black Music melting pot that was the West Coast of the 1950s.
- 01 Preview Telephone Boogie - Johnny "Guitar" Watson & Jeannie Barnes
- 02 Preview I Got A Girl (That Lives Over Yonder) - Johnny "Guitar" Watson
- 03 Preview My Aching Feet - Henry Strogin
- 04 Preview I've Been Blind, Blind, Blind - Robert McKirby
- 05 Preview Jimmy's Jive - Jimmy Nolen
- 06 Preview Hey Little Girl - Richard Lewis
- 07 Preview Bingo - Abe Moore
- 08 Preview Talk To Me Baby - Roy "Happy" Easter
- 09 Preview Sad Stories - Larry Waters
- 10 Preview Check Yourself - Tony & Barbara
- 11 Preview Someday - T W Sams
- 12 Preview Country Boogie - Preston Love And The Orchestra
- 13 Preview Get Away From Here - Pete "Guitar" Lewis
- 14 Preview Ain't Gonna Tell - Dessa Ray
- 15 Preview Wiggle Walk - Johnny Otis
- 16 Preview Things Won't Be Right Without You - Devonia "Lady Dee" Williams
- 17 Preview Much More - Jessie & Joyce
- 18 Preview Itty Bitty Bee - Ray Johnson
- 19 Preview Baby Please Come Home - Little Billy Robbins
- 20 Preview Gotta Have Lovin' - Little Billy Robbins
- 21 Preview The Blooper - Johnny Otis & The Jayos
- 22 Preview Bad Bad Bulldog - Little Arthur Matthews
- 23 Preview Hot Diggety Dog - Little Arthur Matthews
- 24 Preview Dead Man's Hop - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: email@example.com including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.