Volume 2 is the second instalment in Ace's in-depth look at the doowop recorded for the Old Town label from the late 1950s to early '60s. As with the first CD, included are great groups and great songs. There are a generous 28 tracks (6 previously unreleased), including the first chart hit for the label - The Fiestas' So Fine, The Capris' Where I Fell In Love (which reached No 75 in the US pop charts in 1961 ), a very clear sounding version (taken from the master tapes) of the 21 Packards' Ding Dong and Dream Of Love (a vast improvement on the original 45's muddy pressing) and Why Does The World Go Round and There's Something Awful Nice About You by the sadly obscure Harlem group The Vocaleers (taken from a recently discovered acetate-.-the original tapes having been lost). A must for all fans of doowop.
- 01 Preview So Fine - The Fiestas
- 02 Preview My Dearest Darling - The Clefftones
- 03 Preview What Did She Say - The Solitaires
- 04 Preview The Day We Fell In Love - The Ovations
- 05 Preview Where I Fell In Love - The Capris
- 06 Preview Zip Boom - The Supremes
- 07 Preview Little Girl (I Love You Madly) - The Whirlpools Aka The Clefftones
- 08 Preview Life Is But A Dream - The Harptones
- 09 Preview Ding Dong - The Packards
- 10 Preview Lullabye Of The Bells - The Five Crowns
- 11 Preview My Broken Heart - The Chimes
- 12 Preview Hong Kong Jelly Wong - The Royaltones
- 13 Preview School Boy - Ruth McFadden & The Harptones
- 14 Preview Love And Devotion - The Vocaleers
- 15 Preview Why Does The World Go Around - The Escorts
- 16 Preview The Angels Sang - The Solitaires
- 17 Preview My Babe She Don't Want Me - The Supremes
- 18 Preview The Masquerade Is Over - The Clefftones
- 19 Preview Good Luck Darling - The Five Crowns
- 20 Preview Mexico - The Chimes
- 21 Preview Dream Of Love - The Packards
- 22 Preview Gee What A Girl - The Hummers
- 23 Preview There's Something Awful Nice About You - The Escorts
- 24 Preview I've Got A Notion - The Harptones
- 25 Preview I Give You My Word - The Royaltones
- 26 Preview Do You Know What I Mean - The Hummers
- 27 Preview Our Anniversary - The Fiestas
- 28 Preview My Lullabye - The Ovations
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.