New York's Old Town label produced some of the best doowop sounds around and Old Town Doo Wop Volume 1 collects together many of the label's fine mid- to late'5Os recordings. The hits include the sublime There's A Moon Out Tonight by The Capris, Walking Along by The Solitaires and Remember Then by The Earls. The Harptones are represented by On Sunday Afternoon, (My Success) It All Depends On You and Mambo Boogie (all recorded in 1955 but not released until 1985). They achieved legendary status on the East Coast without a single national hit.Their two sessions for Old Town were made between their initial recordings for Bruce and later, commercial cuts for Rama and Gee. The legendary group The Valentines are here with Tonight Kathleen, recorded in the fall of 1954. They cut a dozen or so recordings for Old Town between 1954 and '56 and this classic side comes from the same session as The Solitaires Chances I've Taken. 27 essential doo wop recordings on the first of a 5 volume series from Old Town.
- 01 Preview There's A Moon Out Tonight - The Capris
- 02 Preview Zu Zu - The Bonnevilles
- 03 Preview A Fool In Love - The Keytones
- 04 Preview Walking Along - The Solitaires
- 05 Preview On A Sunday Afternoon - The Harptones
- 06 Preview Never Let Me Go - The Royaltones
- 07 Preview Have You Ever Loved Someone - The Vocaleers
- 08 Preview Later Later Baby - The 5 Crowns
- 09 Preview Message Of Love - The Laurels aka The Orbits
- 10 Preview (My Success) It All Depends On You - The Harptones
- 11 Preview Love You Baby, All The Time - The Co-Eds featuring Gwen Edwards
- 12 Preview Last Night I Dreamed - The Fiestas
- 13 Preview Two In Love (With One Heart) - Ruth McFadden & The Royaltones
- 14 Preview Last Rose Of Summer - The Symbols
- 15 Preview Remember Then - The Earls
- 16 Preview Magic Rose - The Solitaires
- 17 Preview Tonight Kathleen - The Valentines
- 18 Preview Seven Wonders Of The World - The Keytones
- 19 Preview Hey, Norman - The Royaltones
- 20 Preview Lorraine - The Bonnevilles
- 21 Preview Why Oh Why - The Tru-Tones
- 22 Preview I Love An Angel - The Co-eds
- 23 Preview You Could Be My Love - The Five Crowns
- 24 Preview Mambo Boogie - The Harptones
- 25 Preview Crying My Heart Out - The Symbols
- 26 Preview I Need Your Love So Bad - The Vocaleers
- 27 Preview I Fell In Love - The Esquires
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: email@example.com including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.